
Okay, so you remember when I smooshed my finger a couple weeks ago. Well, it was while I was unloading 45 lb plates off the leg press machine. Okay, accidents happen. And I've been pretty lucky in the gym so far.
Today... have the leg press loaded up with my 45 lb plates = 450 lbs for 3 reps. No biggie, done it before. A little background info: Our gym is filling up with newbies, and they tend to love the time frame that I go. Oh joy! So a few of the wanna-be guys tend to gawk when I workout. Like they've NEVER seen a chick lift a weight NOT covered in pink plastic!?!?
Any who... I go to do my 3 reps, and I do the first one fine. The second one I try to go deeper, and all the sudden my legs go DEAD! And BOOM! That sucker drops all the way down and I've got my knees in my face. Oh joy, now I look like a darn pretzel. Thankfully, nothing was hurt except my ego.
I had to unload a few plates to get it pushed back up. And funny enough I can thankfully fold myself up and fit back under the machine, even when its completely down! And one of the gawking dudes came over when I was unloading plates and moved 1 plate for me. Gee thanks!
Well, to save face, of course I loaded it back up and did my 3 reps with the same weight. But played it safe and didn't go a low.
I need a lifting partner. Or I'm gonna have to suck it up and start asking for a spot. Damn!
4 comments:
Man, I wished we lived closer! I have that same leg press in my home gym and I have to be super careful because that would so suck! Hey, but at least they know not to mess with ya cause you can kick their a$$! YEAH!, 5 more days and I will have my new diet and workouts. I cannot hardly wait.
I'm so looking for a workout partner too....ugh!! I hear ya!!
;-)
K
Yeah, I sorta know how you feel...the gawkers are somewhat irritating!!! Its like that around my gym too! A lot of people are freaked out by me too because I'll grab the 50lb DB's and they're like...Umm are you really going to use those? They're used to girls in there doing aerobics classes and etc...booo-ring!
The leg press rocks though, don't worry about being a pretzel...we've all done super embarrassing things before...woops!!! I know I have haha!!! Man, I smashed my left ring finger in between two 30lb DB's one night-wow! I seen STARS! I know how u feel!
Workout partners can be great or crap...Sometimes its best to just go at it alone. I have a girl that works out with me a couple nights a week and its great, but I have had some in the past that want to do more gossiping than working out. LOL!!!
You don't need a spot, just take it easy girl friend :). 450lbs is real good on the press. I can get that high too but honestly, I just don't because I have super short mini legs and size shows up on them overnight...All I gotta do is look at a leg press and my damn legs grow LOL!!!! HAHA!!!
Love ya babe,
Jodi
Hey Klutz! We need to get together for Moose Munch now :) Coffee of course! LOL! I'm chocolated out and I have the belly and muffin top to prove it!
Post a Comment