Sunday, December 28, 2008

Train True?

Honestly, the past couple weeks, I have NOT trained true.  I have not given my all and then gave more.  Why?  I guess I just wasn't ready to start back again.  But I think there is more than that.  I think on some level I had to re-access my goals and see if I still wanted this.  

In some ways this life style makes you an social outcast.  And the dating prospects diminish quickly.  But when I looked in the mirror on Christmas, I hated what I saw.  My hard earned muscles are covered with a layer of fluff.  Pants are snug and after I gorge on sugary goodies I'm tired and cranky.  And I feel bad about my decisions.  

So why am I eating this?  Because everyone else is?  Thats stupid!!!!

I'm SOOO over it!  I want my body back!  And I want control back!  

And most of all I need to have faith in myself!  I CAN do this!!!  


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why I really don't HAVE an off season because I dont want one. The idea of an off season is kinda silly in a way. :)

If we train in the gym to maintain, we wont have to train SO freakin hardcore to prep for a show. This year I probably wont have to go over 60 mins of cardio because I've not gained much in the "off" season. Just try to maintain and that way you wont have to be a social outcast. :)

You'll be alright girlie!

Danielle said...

Poor girly! I know it is hard to see you have backslid and are seeing the results of it. But do believe it is only temporary. You will reign it in and start seeing the body you are comfortable with once again. For me, reading about diet slips are nothing. Shit happens. But letting the workouts become lackluster is criminal, m'lady LOL! Keep that fire burning because when you can do THAT, the diet becomes so much easier to keep. You think, I can't screw up my meals and food plan or the work I put into my squats becomes negligible. And NOBODY wants their hardcore weight training to go down the toilet, am I right??? So I suggest, catch your fire again for training:) Big hugs Diva!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yanno what I was thinking about this? Perhaps just form a workout routine that isn't intimidating as far as willpower is concerned...get in the gym even if its just for 30 minutes to do a run or something, and go home and concentrate on how great the 30 minute workout was...continue to do that UNTIL you're excited about training. That always works for me. That's what I was having to do. I was going into the gym for 20 minutes to run, and that's it-no joke!!! :)

Sunnie said...

yes you can! I am so over it too and ready to hit it hard. Come on girl, get your groove back you have a comp to win.

Bloggin' Mama said...

I'm in the exact same boat as you are. A part of me felt like I should be able to do and eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and that only lead to depression and weight gain. I guess I wanted to rebel but my body punished me. Obviously that didn't work. I'm back in the game now - I'm changing the way I think and starting to not be so extreme so that I am not completely off in the off season. Hang in there girl!