
Okay... I admit, for the longest time I though the whole organic movement was a BIG old scam -o-roonie to pocket more of peoples dough.
But then I read Jillian's new book... well partially read anyways. And damn, if what she says doesn't make since to my little science oriented mind. Now I'm still transitioning into this new lifestyle. And my grocery bill has gone up, but if I'm healthier & happier, it will be worth it.
Not to mention I hope it helps my PCOS. Thankfully, I haven't struggled as much as some with PCOS, but add stress and lack of sleep, and my body is wack! And maybe *fingers crossed* I'll loss weight!
I have also started taken Magnesium daily to help my periods. And sadly I had to go back on the "pill". I was all over the place hormone wise and just couldn't hack it.
6 comments:
Are you referring to Master Your Metabolism? I JUST BOUGHT IT and haven't cracked it open yet as I am knee deep in the The Paleo Diet for athletes...but I am looking foward to it...
If you like/are getting used to the organic thing - you should read that book as well...it's all about that stuff.
I have just kind of transitoned into it over the past year or so and I honestly do feel like I see and feel the difference...
I wasn't real impressed with that book. Sure it made sense and she had some good insight but to me it boiled down to she had a thyroid problem and now she's on meds? I think I will go to the Dr. and get mine checked though.
The organic movement...i've been drinking skim milk and i've lost weight? I WISH I could buy all things organic though. I mean it HAS to be better for you. It's how they did it in the old days :)
Organic really does make a difference. Especially on hormones. I feel ya on the pill, too. I couldn't take it anymore either. I had to go back on. I'm doing organic on what I can. I'm trying to hit up the Farmer's markets this summer too. It is darn expensive, but the taste difference in an organic apple and a regular one- so weird, but wow what a difference.
I got a lot of info from Jillian's book that solidified my opinions, so not much was new to me. I'm glad it helped you.
How long have you been on the Magnesium? It does take some time to take effect, but regular intake is key.
Good to see you posting. :)
Yep...I'm talking about Jillian's book. It really hit home for me in alot of ways.
While I do think alot of the processed crap that claims to be "organic" isn't much better than junk food, I do see some reasoning behind getting back to the basics of just plain good old fashioned eating. Alot of this Fat free diet food craze is just too chemically. You know?
Becca... I'll definitely check out the Paleo book. Let me know what you think of Jillian's.
April... I think having your thyroid checked is a really good idea. I know you have been struggling lately with the scale, and hope maybe it would give you some answers. I feel yah... I wish I could afford to buy all organic, but at least I'll buy as much as I can for now.
Hillary... Hey chickie! I think I kinda got cockie with the whole beating the PCOS thing, and thought I could lose weight when I needed to. Which I can to some degree, but have to work really, really hard for it. There has to be a happy medium. And I'm trying to find that. I hope the Mag helps. Cravings are still high right now, but I'm sure that is some of the hormonal crap of regulating back to the pill. *sigh*
Hey Tracy!!
Good post! I use to buy almost everything organic but our grocery bill was SO EXPENSIVE. If we eat the skin I buy organic, if not then I won't spend the extra money. I almost always buy organic dairy and organic ground beef. But unfortunately feeding a family of 4 totally organic would not be possible on our budget right now.
I agree about the processed organic crap....a cookie is a cookie organic or not it's still wreaking havoc on one's blood.
Total HYPE! I also tried to read Jillians new book, but finally stopped at chapter 6! I mean come on Jillian are you for real or did someone else write this book & attach your name to it? This book tries to make you a hypochondriac & think everything, not just the foods you eat are going to kill you or you will develop cancer, diabetes, etc. This is such crap. We all now Americans barely eat ANY fruits & veggies so don't you think you should start with promoting eating wholesome & natural foods first before telling people if they don't eat organic or farm raised foods they will develop cancer, diabetes or better yet throw off their metabolism due to hormones-haha this is the biggest load of crap I have ever read. Can anyone tell I am bitter about this book? I have always been such a huge fan of Jillian read her other books, have her DVD's and honestly say am completely turned off! No way she wrote this, if she is so passionate about it why is it never mentioned to the contestants on the show? just my thoughts. First let's all incorporate more whole/natural foods first and worry about organic later!
Post a Comment