Monday, July 21, 2008

Bootcamp

This past weekend was Julie's Bootcamp.  And can I say how cool it was!  

**Updated to add pics


Day1: WOs were hard core, and you had to push.  I learned more about my body and how far you can really make yourself go, when the body says "nope".  Julie was great and kept my motivated and pushing.  I burned over 4500 calories in about 4 hrs.  HOLY COW!

I had my very first posing class.  And boy was my lats sore!  Who would have know there is so much to coordinate at once.  But I really need to nail it!  I think it can make or break you in the judges eyes.  They can only see what you give them for that little time your on stage.  

The evening we all had dinner at the Longhorn.  The steak was yummy!  And I think I devoured it like 2 nano-seconds.  

Day 2: Started with some Q&A then to a circuit training, got a good sweat worked up.  Then we learned about photo shoot make-up application.  So cool!  While I thought I was petty good a make-up, Rachel really awesome!  She had some great info on colors and technique.  So I will be adding to my make-up case very soon.  Then on to the actual photo shoot.  I'm my no means photogenic.  I don't cheese and rarely smile showing teeth.  Long story, from my childhood.  Thanks mom!  =0}  But I had fun!  *GASP*  I know!  Rick was so fun!  And the shots fit my personality very well.  So when I'm in comp shape, I will definitely be back for more photos!  

So I met some great ladies, and while we may not all be headed down the same path (towards a stage), I think we all learned more.  And it was great to just be around "fitness" oriented people.  

And how cool was it to spend a whole weekend with Julie!  Talk about motivating!  Seeing what you can get with hard work and dedication will keep you going.  Plus after all she gives you, you don't want to let her down.

Can't wait for the next bootcamp!    Which happens to be the Contest Prep Seminar: Sept 13-14.  So if I'm not on stage in Indy that weekend, I'll so be there!


Disclaimer: Oh...and if you happen to decide to do a bootcamp on a low carb weekend, you will most likely cry at some point in the day.  Not saying I did or anything.  Just sayin'!  Okay, I confess I did cry.  BUT I think everyone was too busy catching their breath to notice!  

1 comment:

April said...

I'm glad you had a great time! I was laughing about you cying :) The way you wrote it was awesome LOL!!