Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July 5k

I know, I know... I HATE running.  But it's kinda one of those things you kinda have to learn to love.  Well, maybe more like than love.  But I really enjoyed my last triathlon, so I need to be better at running to do better at triathlons.

But  I digress... So I ran a 5k yesterday.  Thought it would be cool since it was on the 4th and everything.  But OMG was it HOT & humid.  And sadly I've been a wimp and have been doing alot, ok all, of my running inside on the tready in the air.  I know, sad!

So needless to say, the run kicked me bootie!  Serious!  The tri was easer than this.

So here is the stats:
*Total time: 39:58 (not too horrible)
*Place: 4th (just missed 3rd & a pretty trophy by 2 minutes... I like shiny things)
*Condition:  Well... I had to sit down on the curb after the took my run chip off.  And I thought I was gonna yak!


So... there will be more outside running for me.  And when it's hot.

And... I really want one of these:


or one of these:

2 comments:

Jford said...

Great job on the 5K and I know how bad it sux to be so close to the trophy! I would agree wuth ya on the get out and run part! Great work!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Congrats on the 5k

The 305 is a third of the price of the 310, ya you can swim in the 310, but who can look at their stats while swimming, the 305 is a better cost effective option