Monday, August 25, 2008

Evaluation & Changes

I'm back from seeing the Julie, and she really likes my progress and shape, and that I'm maintaing if not gaining some muscle while carb cycling.

But after a long talk, weighing the options and talking about my long term goals, we've decided for me to pull out of the OCB Sept show. My ultimate goal is to compete NPC and qualify for nationals (top 5) in my class, and I have 2 big NPC shows I'm doing this fall. And I'm looking at what I need to do and be to become very competitive next year.

So doing a mad crazy prep to just get on A stage (not at my possible best) just doesn't make sense. So I'm gonna wait and take a very competetive package to the NPC Monster Mash Oct 25.

I'm a little sad to miss this show in Indy, since it was the one that I've been working towards.  But to be honest, I was doing it more to get onto a stage then to compete in OCB.  Money wise it doesn't make since either (travel, tan, comp cost, organizations fees, etc).

So instead, that weekend I'll be doing Julie's comp prep.  Which is more in lines with getting me to be the best I can for fall and beyond.


Carb cycling is done for now.  New WO & diet plans are in hand.  I need to keep the fire going to rock the stage in Oct.  

Cravings are hanging in there.  I'm supposed to have a work dinner Wen evening, and I'm tempted to ask Julie for a cheat meal.  hmm....

4 comments:

Stef said...

The Monster Mash is a great show. I went to it last year because I had a friend competing in it. Some of the competitors dressed up in costume for the night show. My friend was Wonder Woman.

I am planning on going to that show, so I will see you there!

=)

April said...

You are doing great Tracy! Keep up your pace and you'll have an easier road :)

Tina said...

You are doing great...and top five at the Monster Mash you can do it...keep that goal in sight!!

Sunnie said...

I think you have a great plan and with your determination you are going to be making things happen.