So far my longest bike ride has been around 30+ miles. But now that I have my new bike Pinkie, it is time to step it up. So... the gals & I have signed up to do the Heartstone Tour de Montgomery this Saturday. It is a charity ride and sounds like alot of fun. We chose the 40 mile tour.
I'm nervous, but excited too. I bought my very first cycle jersey to wear to this. It's very me! And of course matches my bike. It's a Pearl Izumi short sleeve black & white ladies jersey. And you'll have to wait to see pics of it after the ride. ;0)
*Fingers crossed it's not a scorcher*
I also made a decision on the Garmin. After alot of debate, and thought, I chose the Garmin 305 Forerunner. I just couldn't justify the $$$, when there was some other stuff I wanted/needed. So with the extra cash (cause the 305 is about half the price... and maybe, just maybe they'll make a pink 310ext next year) I bought a pink running skirt & pink compression socks, and paid for the rides entry fee!


They are made by running skirts and where really comfy when I tried them on and there PINK! I'm saving them to run in when the darn Garmin gets here. I sure hope the Garmin is here for my ride on Sat!!

2 comments:
Can't wait to see picts and hear all about it!
I happened to see your header about cycling and had to stop by and see. I'm new at cycling this year and it's now my passion, and I'm actually good at it. I wish I had started sooner. Good luck with the ride this weekend. You'll do fine! 40 miles is nothing, especially if you're used to doing 30. I did the MS Ride a couple of weeks ago, 150 miles in 2days and it was awesome! So much fun!
Post a Comment